In this article:
Each micro survey allows you to ask one question to your contacts. You can add several surveys to a mailing.
First, start by creating your micro survey in the appropriate module. Each question must have at least two possible answers.
Once done, you can edit an existing template or create a new template and add a micro survey block, choosing the layout you prefer. In the survey properties, you'll be able to associate the proper micro survey to your block and will be able to change the appearance of your survey. Then, all there's left to do is to plan your mailing.
When your contact will receive your email, they'll simply need to click the appropriate answer to let you know their choice. After clicking, they'll be redirected to a web page where they will see a confirmation message. If they click again in the survey, the message will instead say that they have already answered this survey and only their first answer will be cumulated. If they wish to change their answer, they'll need to contact you.
It's possible to use the same survey in different mailings. You could, for example, use the marketing automation module to send a reminder to people who didn't answer the first time. All answers will be cumulated in the same survey statistics, even if your survey was sent in several mailings.
Here are the different confirmation messages your contact may see:
You've already answered
Survey has ended
- From the fast access bar on the left, select the "Micro Surveys" icon.
- Click on "+ New survey".
- Choose a name for your survey. This will only be visible to you.
- Select, if needed, an end date for your survey. People who answer the survey after this date will have a message saying that the survey has ended. You can leave this field empty if your survey has no expiration.
- Write down the question you want to ask to your contacts. When you'll send your survey, your recipients will see it as it is.
- Enter at least two possible answers.
Click the "+" icon to add more choices..
Click on the garbage bin icon to delete a possible answer.
Use the arrows to move the possible answer's order.
- Click the "Save" button.
- Open an existing template, new template or draft in the simplified editor.
- To add your micro survey, open the "Add block" tab in the side panel on the right.
- In the drop-down list, select "Micro surveys".
- Choose a block from the various layout available and drag the block where you wish to add your survey.
- Click on your block in your template to select it.
- Select the survey to associate to the block in the "Micro survey properties" of the side panel on the right.
- Still in the "Micro survey properties", change, if needed, the font, size and color of your question (title), the alignment and the properties of the buttons or links (answers).
- Test and save your template or draft.