As the name suggests, this type of custom field is designed to collect dates. They will be saved in this format: yyyy-mm-dd.
What it’s used for
You can use this type of field to enter the date:
- Of a future appointment to remind your contact of the event by inserting it in the body of your confirmation email.
- Of a contract renewal to target the contacts with contracts expiring on a specific day.
- Of a meeting or training session by adding a date field in your subscription forms.
Recommended formats to import dates
Multiple date formats are accepted. Here are the key things to remember:
- Enter your dates using the following format: year-month-day (e.g. 2020-10-31).
- The year must always be four digits (e.g. 2020).
- Dash (-), forward slash (/), and period (.) are acceptable delimiters.
- The date can be accompanied by the time, but the latter will be ignored when importing your data.
Here are some examples of accepted date formats to import:
yyyy-MM-dd HH: mm: ss.FFF
How to search for a specific date
Target your contacts efficiently and create lists using specific criteria found in the content of your text fields, with the help of advanced search, dynamic groups and automated segmentation scenarios.
In date fields, you can search using the following filters:
- is on
- is on another date than
- starting from
- is between
- is set
- is not set